What do you think about all the people who don’t understand feminism? Especially the women who supposedly “are against feminism because they don’t hate men”? Should we argue or is it a lost cause?
No, we shouldn’t argue. We should teach. We should enlighten. We should in the friendliest of…
It’s breast cancer awareness month and that means it’s time for a round-up of SocImages’ interrogation of breast cancer awareness month!
Our favorite finding? That the color pink actually makes women take breast cancer LESS seriously. Oops. That one’s first…
Inequality and Breast Cancer Care
- Race and the Initiation of Breast Cancer Treatment
- Who Cleans the House of a Cancer Patient?
- Excluding Men from Breast Cancer Awareness
- Pink Ribbons: Branding Breast Cancer
- Ethical Problems with Cause-Based Marketing
- Should Marketing Principles Be Applied to Disease
- Awareness Branding and the Ethical Fix
- Questioning Corporate Philanthropy
Sexual Objectification in Breast Cancer Awareness
- “Every Mouthful Helps”
- Save the Tatas
- Men Want Boobs
- Do Breast Cancer Exams Because Boobs are Hot
- Breast Cancer Awareness Takes the Inevitable Turn to Porn
Breast Cancer and the Social Construction of Gender
Something I noticed when I was stripping was that the younger, “hipper,” generally white patrons I came into contact with were by far the most vested in the whole “emotionally invasive performance of enthusiastic consent” thing. They all wanted to hear how I was doing it because…
I know. Here comes Greta, the eternal optimist, the relentless Pollyanna cheerleader, always holding out for hope. Stay with me. I really think I’m right about this. Yes, the recent weeks in organi…